Marco Magini was born in Arezzo, Italy, in 1985. He holds an Msc in International Political Economy from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He lived in Canada, the United States, Belgium, Turkey, India and Switzerland.
He currently lives in London where he works in the field of climate change and sustainable economy.
With Come fossi solo he was a finalist for the Calvino Prize 2013, where the received the Menzione d’Onore, and finalist at the Strega Prize 2014 where he arrived 3rd in the Young Prize category. He won the 2015 eidtion of Un romanzo per il cinema. He was selected to represent Italy at the 14th European Festival of the First Novel in Budapest, at the European Festival of the First Novel in Kiel and at the Chambery book festival.
His new novel will be pubblished at the beginning of 2017
Prizes & nominations
- Selection prix du Premier Roman 2016, France
- Winner “Premio Romanzo per il Cinema” 2015
- Winner as best Italian first novel, Festival du Premier Roman del Chambery 2015
- Semifinalist Premio Strega 2014
- 3rd place Premio Strega Giovani 2014
- Finalist Premio Calvino 2013. Special mention of the jury
- Candidate 12th edition of the Debütroman in Kiel, Germany, 2014
- Participant, International Book Festival of Budapest, Hungary, 2014
- Semi-finalist Premio Città di Cuneo for the first novel
- 3rd place Premio Legenda Giovani